Saturday, July 2, 2011

Review: The Tenth Circle

The Tenth CircleThe Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I didn't know what to expect going into this book, other than the fact that I expected it to be similar to other books by Jodi Picoult. I enjoy Picoult's books in large part because of their unpredictability. While it is true that large chunks of the plot are often quite predictable, there is nearly always a small twist at the end that is unexpected. In that respect, it did not disappoint.

I enjoyed this book, and I really enjoyed the concepts of Dante's Inferno that were sprinkled throughout. The comic book sections between the chapters threw me for a loop at first, but then I realized that they truly did follow the storyline when viewed as a progression of Daniel's train of thought through the story.

There were a couple of things that I expected to have wrapped up at the end that were not, but since they take place within the last two chapters of the book I will not explain them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment