Friday, May 18, 2012

Review: Switched


Switched
Switched by Amanda Hocking

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This was recommended to me by a co-worker who enjoyed it. I'm so glad she loaned me this book (and the two sequels in the trilogy).

Yes, it's a fluff piece. Yes, it reads at around a high-school level, and seems to be designed to appeal to high school girls. In some ways, it's reminiscent of the Twilight series in that way. However, that is what I like about it.

For me, it's a quick, fun read that lets me escape from reality for a short time. By having books like this available to read during my breaks at work, I am able to take my 15 minutes (or hour lunch) and read my fun fluff, and then go back to work slightly refreshed and ready to once again deal with the crazy people who are separated from me by a counter that is way too damn small.

Sometimes all you need is a little fluff.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment