Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Review: The Wheel on the School


The Wheel on the School
The Wheel on the School by Meindert DeJong

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Strangely enough, I had been thinking of this story only a month or so ago - trying to remember more than just the story of a little Dutch girl who wondered about storks. Then I was at the library and it caught my eye on the shelf. I just could not resist picking it up and reading it again.

I think the version I read as a child must have been a condensed version - possibly in an elementary-level Reading book. I remembered some but not all of the children's adventures as they look for a wheel, and usually once I re-read something, I remember having read it before. In this case, portions of the story were new to me.

This will be a book I read to my children some day.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment