Saturday, August 10, 2013

Review: Durable Goods


Durable Goods
Durable Goods by Elizabeth Berg

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm not sure what I was expecting from this book, but at the end I felt as though I had not found it. Katie's life is very similar to mine at that age (the major difference being the absent mother). I lived with a military father who was often more violent than he should have been with his two daughters, I didn't have many friends, and moving from place to place was simply a fact of life.

The ending seemed rather abrupt. Just as the story was starting to really move and I was getting interested, the book was over. No real conclusion, just *poof* turn the page and it's an interview with the author instead of another chapter.

It wasn't terrible - it brought back a lot of childhood memories of living on and near USMC bases and the lifestyle of a military brat. But I definitely was left wanting more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment